Changing and updating your website costs money. In this article, you’ll learn how to keep your website fresh while saving money!
When you build a website for the first time or when you’re building a new website, make sure you choose the right type of website and make sure you build it right. Doing it right the first time will save you a lot of money in the long-run.Here’s a good way to contrast the idea; if you need a sports car to complete in a race, you may consider a high-end sports car like a Ferrari. Don’t make the mistake of buying a Yugo then spending $250,000 along with lots of time and energy in upgrading your Yugo. It may be ready to compete in a race but it still won’t be a high-end sports car. So make sure you do it right from the beginning!
After you have your website in order, create a schedule to periodically update your website. If you cannot hire someone to continually improve on your website, divide your changes in batches (such as quarterly changes to your website). These upgrades should include things like:
- Bug fixes
- Corrections to mistakes
- New content
- Slight tweaks to the user interface (the website’s look-and-feel)
A quarterly update schedule strikes the right balance between making changes too frequently and not frequently enough. You don’t want your website to change too fast, too often to confuse your customers and visitors, at the same time, you don’t want your website to become stale. Considering how rapidly Web technology and design progresses, a website can look outdated if it is not update for a “short” period of time.
Here are some of the benefits to a periodic update schedule:
- Improvements won’t take too long to be implemented
- Make an impression that shows you care about your business
- Continuous improvements your customers can see and experience
- Your customers and website visitors will experience new changes and new features while retaining familiarity with your website (compared to trying to find their way around an entirely new website all of the sudden)
- Saves you time and money from continuously working on your website
- Saves you money from because you won’t need to completely overhaul your website in a few years
- Your customers can always have the most pleasant experience since your website is always modern and fresh
Our clients list and keeps track of the changes they need then at the end of each quarter, they submit their list to us so those changes and updates can be implemented.
If you would like some ideas on how your can keep your website fresh, please contact us.